Starting my 93 gallon build... stand opinions?

Collink91

Supporting
Reaction score
I previously had a 180 bowfront, and i kind of wanted to downsize. I have a 93 gallon cube, but the stand it comes with is a) too short and b) only provides support around the rim.

im wanting to build a much taller stand with some additional custom features. Does anyone have any advice on what to absolutely not do? What should i be sure to include?

Being you are wanting something from the standard would be have one custom built or diy a stand like many of us on here have done.

yeah, im definitely going to go diy. Just was looking for some advice on features that people wish they had put in their stand when they were building it, and also which diy stand plans people have had the most success with.

yeah, im definitely going to go diy. Just was looking for some advice on features that people wish they had put in their stand when they were building it, and also which diy stand plans people have had the most success with.
I built my stand 2'x4' and my tank is 2'x2' I really like the extra room under the stand and the extra counter space. If you have a sump or have a sump in mind be sure to build it to accommodate it. You could build in a power center would help with wire management. When you build your own the sky is the limit.

I built my stand 2'x4' and my tank is 2'x2' I really like the extra room under the stand and the extra counter space. If you have a sump or have a sump in mind be sure to build it to accommodate it. You could build in a power center would help with wire management. When you build your own the sky is the limit.
Power center like a one of the power strips for fish tanks? Or something more extensive?

Maybe like a cabinet built in the side to hold wires or a place to house power strips switches trimmers. I didn't get that fancy I just put a strip along the back and the wires are behind. The problem I have with mine is I have to reach behind the tank and unplug what ever I need to turn off.

my 93 gallon is 30x30x24, and i like the tank being a little taller than normal, because i am a tall guy and hate being cramped while working on tank, but also like the tank being eye level.

would anyone have any concerns about the stand being 48 in tall?

Bump.. about to go to the store and buy the wood. Do we think 48 inches is too tall for the stand?
For me I took the height of the tank and measured to my armpit and subtracted the height of the tank then subtracted another 6 inches that was the height of the stand. I didn't want to stand on anything to do maintenance.

Back