steal in marietta

phoenix20

Market
Reaction score
Just saw this on craigslist...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/fuo/878205214.html">http://atlanta.craigslist.org/fuo/878205214.html</a>

The LR in the tank alone is probably worth $50. That might be a good quarantine / sump / fuge / frag tank if someone is looking to pick one up.

I sent the seller an email. I would love to put something like that in my basement as a predator or quarantine tank. I hope it's still available...

Crossing my fingers! I have everything else to set it up real nice as is. No telling what it actually comes with!

It looks like it has some type of lighting on legs there as well. Maybe some type of PC fixture?

I just got an email from the seller and it's all mine. Sweet! I've been looking for this kind of deal for another tank in my basement because I knew my wife would kill me if I spent a whole bunch of money on something new. So, is there anyone out there who can help me move it? I'll pay and feed? Any takers? In fact I could really use an outside opinion on my current tank if anyone has the time and could give me a hand. Let me know.

Ya, thanks for the lead. I check Craigslist but not all the time. It would have seen it on Friday and kicked myself for not checking earlier. Now, what should I do with it? It has a Tetra filter, powercompact day and lunar lights, biOwheel, protein skimmer and a bunch of live rock and sand. I'm going to pick it up on Saturday! Yee ha! I have a quarantine setup already that is really more of a refugium than anything and have really wanted to do a trigger. They are such awsome fish but aren't reef friendly to say the least. i was thinking about a trigger, snoflake eel and a puffer. any thoughts?

I've seen this tank in person, they're a sweet couple and their lil one is amazingly well developed. The rock is all good quality fiji stuff but clearly needs some tlc at this point. I bought a few things from them as well at a crazy good price a few montsh ago. I'm not sure why they underprice their stuff so much. The things I bought were all in perfect condition and coulda sold for a lot more...

I got it and set it up!!!!!!:yay:

It's a standard 55g with stand, 40lb. live sand, and 80 POUNDS OF LIVE rock covered in coraline algae! The light fixture is a Coralife 4x65w PC w. LED lunar lights! There was also a HOB filter and a very odd HOB Aqamedic Skimmer with some sort of foam wheel that was broke. I think the $50.00 was a really good deal! :up:

Apparently the guy just wanted to get rid of it and couldn't do too much with it due to a bad back. I think he was and happy to get rid of it as I was to take it off his hands! Most everything stayed wet so it shouldn't have much of a cycle but I'm monitoring the water for a few days just to make sure.

Back