steel tang

glxtrix

Market
Reaction score
anyone ever hear of this guy? I know its most likely a generic name because I cant find anything about this fish...Anyone know a scientific name or a more common name that gives some info?

heh, I didnt make up the name...the LFS did. I'll try to get a pic of this guy. He sure is cute :)

See if you can find it in this website. there are seven pages.

a>

got some pics, I'll post tomorrow when I get to work. Thanks Suasati for posting that link....kinda hard to tell tho which or if he is one of those.

some pics of this lil beauty....I shall call him "Blue Steel" from Zoolander...lol..silly movie.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
73388=4704-steelTang.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
73388=4704-steelTang.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="steelTang.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
73388=4702-steelTang2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
73388=4702-steelTang2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="steelTang2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
73388=4703-steelTang3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
73388=4703-steelTang3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="steelTang3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Doctor, Doctor.... give me the news.......

Does look like a surgeonfish... isn't that a scalpel @ the base of the tail?

yeah its definately a surgeonfish aka tang. Just need to kno which one. I asked him if he was a doctor fish but he didnt give me a striaght answer, just went behind the rocks for a few and came out like this....silly guy.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
73400=4705-steelTang4.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
73400=4705-steelTang4.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="steelTang4.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

looks like acanthurus bahanius to me. But with those little'uns, it's hard to tell.

Definitely looks like an acanthurus to me, but hard to tell at this stage...

glxtrix;73400 wrote: yeah its definately a surgeonfish aka tang. Just need to kno which one. I asked him if he was a doctor fish but he didnt give me a striaght answer, just went behind the rocks for a few and came out like this....silly guy.

that's not photoshop.......silly you! He went to my best friends med school....

lol thank you all, thank you.....and I also do photoshop things for print and for extra side cash...dont be shy and ask :) I work with PS quite a bit at work so i always have fun doing lil things like that. Took me all but 5 minutes to throw that on there, could have done better but I realized its not for anything special.

broke my heart....I guess it its photoshop after all....

silly me.

oh no...jorge....its not PS....no...not at all......he really does swim around the tank with a lil mask and stethoscope on :whistling:

Andy at MRC has one of these in his main tank, I forgot what he told me it was.... maybe you can ask him.

Lee, something to think about, whether it it is a A. bahanius or a A. chirurgus, they will both get pretty darned big.

yeah I know that thanks for lookin out. I'm upgrading to a 75 shortly, and I have a feeling I'll be setting up a larger tank not too much further down the road for FO. Fortunately hes pretty small right now 2-2.5" Cute lil guy.

glxtrix;73512 wrote: yeah I know that thanks for lookin out. I'm upgrading to a 75 shortly, and I have a feeling I'll be setting up a larger tank not too much further down the road for FO. Fortunately hes pretty small right now 2-2.5" Cute lil guy.

They are atlantic tangs, max size of 15"... so plan accordingly if you decide to get it...
here is what adults look like... they are a beauty though... I saw a few at the chatanooga Aquarium...

Acchi_u2.jpg
alt="" />

Back