Stick growing through Toadstool...

twhaddon

Market
Reaction score
Just got this toadstool a couple weeks ago and I noticed today it did not open up at all and it looks like a twig growing through it at the base. These little twigs are actually growing of the rock it was fragged to. Two of them are going through the base of the toadstool. Is this bad? I don't think they are worms or anything. Any insight?

3782fb599bf8333ebb181099c4ec5f91_zps13291082.jpg
alt="" />

Likely vermetid snails. Harmless, but I glue the tubes shut (kill them) if they get started with the stringy snot webs

I use toothpicks to mount my toadstool frags...could this possibly be a mounting toothpick you're seeing there? The picture is not very clear, so I cannot see anything other that the length and color.

There is actually a few of them. They are coming right of the rock as well and not through the toadstool. I picked up this frag from an ARC member short time ago. Would a vermetid snail hurt the toadstool? I think I will attempt the gluing tomorrow.

j.b.;966325 wrote: i use toothpicks to mount my toadstool frags...could this possibly be a mounting toothpick you're seeing there? The picture is not very clear, so i cannot see anything other that the length and color.

+1

Yea I have those on some pieces of my rock here and there. I never knew they were a snail. My monti actually grew around one

Looks like a mounting tooth pick sliver to me .
Thats how I mount leather coral frags.

Back