Stolen Coral

declanisadog

Market
Reaction score
Someone literally stole coral out of my boss's tank. I'm sick about it as they were colonies that I grew out in my tank before I broke down my tank. If anyone knows someone who just came into possession of a colony of Rastas, Purple Hornets, Red Hornets, and a tiny Oregon tort frag, let them know they now have flat worms.

how do you "steal" coral?
walk in with a 5 gallon bucket and go to town?

His tank is in the guest house. He is never home, and his house is for sale. I'm guessing someone who looked at it new what was what, and came back when no one was there. The lady who rents a room in the guest house constantly leaves the door open..not unlocked, open.

The renter's boyfriend is also very interested in the fish tank, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn he knows something about it...

I'm so sorry. I would keep an eye in Craig's list. But, sadly its probably to keep in their tank.

if there is more to get in the tank, they will be back, set up a camera and catch the red handed or whatever color the corals we're.
myself and Brett have been down this similar road before, the difference is we know who did it.
some people have the nuts to do it, sorry to hear bud.

That's unfortunate.

It's easier to steal coral than you might think. I had corals stolen from me in 2 shops, my own, and one I worked for before that.

I'd never let somebody wander around unattended with a 'Big Gulp' type cup.

People suck.

Jenn

Bcavalli;1075949 wrote: I'm so sorry. I would keep an eye in Craig's list. But, sadly its probably to keep in their tank.

Oh my, for someone to be so unscrupulousness. To look into their tank with the knowledge that those pieces were stolen. I wish the great plaque on them. Bubble algae, Bryopsis, Aiptasia outbreak followed by a leaky tank. Karma baby:yes:

Spike;1076123 wrote: Oh my, for someone to be so unscrupulousness. To look into their tank with the knowledge that those pieces were stolen. I wish the great plaque on them. Bubble algae, Bryopsis, Aiptasia outbreak followed by a leaky tank. Karma baby:yes:
If they were found ,I say take the corals back, give the thieves 3 hots and a cot for a few months followed by a couple years of toilet cleaning community service at the GA, aquarium. I bet they won't want to see a coral.

JennM;1076114 wrote: That's unfortunate.

It's easier to steal coral than you might think. I had corals stolen from me in 2 shops, my own, and one I worked for before that.

I'd never let somebody wander around unattended with a 'Big Gulp' type cup.

People suck.

Jenn

wow.
that is messed up! whats even more disturbing is that you had it happen more than once.

If you have to resort to stealing for your hobby... I think it is time to re-evaluate your priorities in life....

Back