Strange Maroon Clown Habits

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
I have a 5" Maroon Clown that has claimed the left side of my overflow! There is a hole in between the overflow and LR that he now calls his home and doesn't like it to be disturbed. About every other day I have had to fish out of the LR several of my frags, a porites on a fiji tonga LRR and a purple monti cap on a big piece of LLR. Finally after realizing that it couldn't have been the snails knocking them down I put the frags where I usually do and sat back and watched. My Maroon comes out of his hole, grabs the fiji LLR with his mouth picks it up and tosses it down a hole in my LR. The other piece is too big for him to pick up so he swims up to it and quickly flips around and sends it flying down into the LR. I have to get a video of him rearranging, its pretty amazing. Unfortunately I am building up the LR in that corner so he is going to be really unhappy here soon! I'll post up some video in the next few days.

Ha! I've been having the same kind of problems with mine. She keeps moving things around. just this morning I found a blue ricodea at the back of the tank and my frag of teal zoas on the bottom. She's also started trying to host in a nice patch of Fire and Ice Zoas and they don't really seem to like that.

do either of these have 'nems? Maybe you could tuck one of those little fake rubbery ones into a corner of the tank to distract her?

my female has been doing the same thing she knocked down a frag that had been glued down for several months and was encrusting on the LR. Powerful little buggers!

Linda Lee;104050 wrote: do either of these have 'nems? Maybe you could tuck one of those little fake rubbery ones into a corner of the tank to distract her?

Mine doesn't have an anenome yet but will as soon as one of the two I have recently received either splits or starts to move so I can get it off the rock without hurting it.

No 'nems for me. Never had much luck with them! My Maroon would need a huge "nem to host and my luck would pick it up and throw it to the bottom of the tank!

<span style="color: black;">Maybe you can lend him to Victor to help with aquascaping :lol2: </span>

Back