String of bad luck...

zapped82

Market
Reaction score
Well, I haven't been on here in a while due to several things happening that were out of my control. Unfortunately the past 2 months hasn't been the best for myself or my tanks. I've been out of town for about 5 of the past 8 weeks due to (2) deaths in the family and a surprise trip out of town for work. Throughout a portion of this we had no AC in the house for almost 2.5 weeks due to a pesky coolant leak and a shady mech. contractor. Of course this happened when it was 95+ degrees out.

Needless to say my tank has seen better days. Just before all of this I just about had my tank to where I wanted it and started adding more coral. Unfortunately the tank was up near 90 degrees while the AC was out and I ended up having my roommate turn the lights completely off for a few days to not add any more heat. A lot of coral died but thankfully all of the fish made it. I now have everything back under control except the empty looking tank with a bunch of coral skeletons. It appears that my large green open brain has made it along with my dendro, orange monti, candy cane, and hammer. I guess one good thing is that the corraline appears to have enjoyed it and really spread.

Well, if anyone has anything they'd like to frag for cheap I'd be very interested. I don't have a lot of money to spend on frags but I want to try and add some color to my bare looking take.

Sorry to hear about that Zac. Let me know if I can help you out.

Thanks,
Tim

:sad:.

I'll hook you up with some corals. Some free and some very cheap. PM sent.

Thanks guys! I'm not picky about what I'm looking for, I just want to get some color back in the tank besides purple.

Back