Stronger Aqualifter

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

anyone know if there is a stronger aqualifter pump than the Tom's one?

I am trying to use one for a top off system but the Tom's one just barely gets the water up to the tank. Its probably about 4ft from the bottom of the reservoir to the top of the tank. With the Toms pump, the water drips into the tank but after a while the pump just stops pumping because I think it's overheating. It has to work too hard to get the water that high.

I have a Mag 3 that worked well, too well actually. But I wanted to use that with something else. I could always use a Mag 1 or similar but also, I like the way the aqualifters work in that they are super quiet and they top off the tank slowly.

The top off is pumping straight into the display (no sump) so the slower that FW gets pumped in there, the better.

any suggestions?

thanks,
jorge

here you go they are pricey though .....how is miami .... i will be there on the 18-22,gonna go see my daughter

a>

wow....thats just a tad more than the toms pump..lol....ok anything a little more reasonably priced? for that i keep using my mag 3.

thanks for the suggestion though victor. miami is nice....still dodging hurricanes every week. i miss atlanta a lot but it's nice to close to the fam.

your missed here too man ....you can do what i did i have a home made kalk reactor i push it up with a maxijet 1200 and for the return i use ro tubbing....that way it slows done the pump and i dose my tank

thanks man....maybe someday ill end up back there....

not sure i get what you are describing though????

i was thinking I could always put a ball valve on the tubing going into the tank from the mag pump but i know back pressure on a pump isnt good for it. thats why i was looking for something a little less powerful.

here is a pic of what i am talking about ...its just a maxi jet and they last forever
lineatus30031.jpg
alt="" />

There are two Aqualifters, the MP10 and the MP20 (at least I think that's their model numbers). I recently saw the MP20's at Keen reef which were bigger than the 10's I was using on my CPR CS100 overflow so I don't know which you're using, but you might be able to upgrade...

thanks vic for th epic but thats gonna get a little complicated for where the tank is.

as for the aqualifter...ill have to go home a check what model mine is but looking online i only see the 20, which is AW-20 not MP.....I wonder if they only made one or they discontinued the AW10 and maybe that's the one I have.

Thanks for the tip there. I'll go check that because if it is in fact the AW10 that I have, the AW20 should do great.

AW! That was it, MP is for CPR's Aquafuges. Sorry, I knew I got that wrong, just couldn't remember what it was.

George;215836 wrote: You might also try the Tunze Osmolator pumps:

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~category~Tunze_Osmolator_Replacement_Metering_Pump_5000.02_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Dosing_Pumps_Top_Off_Electric_Powered_Replacement_Parts~vendor~Tunze~SearchStr~~action~view~idProduct~TZ4115~idCategory~FIDPETRA.html">http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~category~Tunze_Osmolator_Replacement_Metering_Pump_5000.02_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Dosing_Pumps_Top_Off_Electric_Powered_Replacement_Parts~vendor~Tunze~SearchStr~~action~view~idProduct~TZ4115~idCategory~FIDPETRA.html</a>[/QUOTE]

thanks george...this might work.

Back