Stronger magnet WP-40

pbyrmartin

Market
Reaction score
Anyone knows if there is a stronger magnet available, my new 150 Gal has 3/4" glass and it does not stay on there .
Hate to put it on the bottom

porpoiseaquatics;1018611 wrote: WOW! 3/4" glass on a 150? Never heard of such a thing. That's going to be an issue.

Yeah it's my new 150 rimless by glass gage this thing is overbuild
With the new thicker glass I hope someone came up with a stronger magnet

I have been doing some researching it looks like the MP40 is good up 3/4" glass
Anyone knows for sure if it's strong enough.

Kind of related so I will share my experience. I have 2 RW-8's (same company, newer model) for my 120, and the magnet is barely strong enough to hold them in place. Without the additional suction that the mounts have, I'm sure they wouldn't stay put. That being said, they are very secure with the magnet + the suction mount.

If I were you, I'd go with 2 RW-8's and upgrade the magnet to an RW-15. The difference in the RW vs. the WP is the RW's create an undertow like the vortechs. As for flow, If I go over 40% flow, I have a sandstorm. Those things can move some water.

Crew;1018724 wrote: Kind of related so I will share my experience. I have 2 RW-8's (same company, newer model) for my 120, and the magnet is barely strong enough to hold them in place. Without the additional suction that the mounts have, I'm sure they wouldn't stay put. That being said, they are very secure with the magnet + the suction mount.

If I were you, I'd go with 2 RW-8's and upgrade the magnet to an RW-15. The difference in the RW vs. the WP is the RW's create an undertow like the vortechs. As for flow, If I go over 40% flow, I have a sandstorm. Those things can move some water.

Are you saying the RW-15 magnet will hold to the 3/4" glass and where do you find the upgraded magnets from RW-8 to RW-15

According to Jebao, the RW-15 magnet will hold on 3/4" glass. My RW-8's hold on 3/8" like they said it would so I would tend to believe them. I looked around and can't seem to find a replacement magnet, but you could go with RW-15's and turn them down. That would also work.

Crew;1018739 wrote: According to Jebao, the RW-15 magnet will hold on 3/4" glass. My RW-8's hold on 3/8" like they said it would so I would tend to believe them. I looked around and can't seem to find a replacement magnet, but you could go with RW-15's and turn them down. That would also work.

I was thinking along the same line by buying the 2 of RW-15
I wonder if they will work on the twin controller that I already have
I don't like the idea of 2 controller

Are you talking about the "apex" twin controller? I have it with my RW-8's, works like a charm. Also, you can set the individual controllers as masters/slaves so you only have to adjust one. Either way, you are covered.

No I was talking about the Jabao twin controller

But thanks for the tip on my thick glass issue I feel a lot better about this Magnets problem now,
thought I had to go spend hundred of dollars on 2 pumps

I have an ecotech mp-40 on my rimless with 3/4in glass with no problems. I have also used the Jebao WP-40 and RW15 with no issues. With the jebao's, once the rubber gasket on the magnet was seated on the glass well, they haven't moved. With the ecotech you remove the spacer all together.

Well it looks like the magnets on the wp40 held after all, when I tried them there was no water in the tank
I already ordered the RW-15 I guess I will just keep the wp-40 for back up.

Today was also the big day to fill the tank and put the live rocks in, it did not go according to plan.
Last night one of my return pump died a Genx 30 so right now I am looking at the Pan world 50PX
Also the overflow cover did not have enought hole so water was going over it even though I had the return pump turn half way down, you think with the pump over 80 feet away in the basement I should'nt have this problem.
So I added twice as much holes in the overflow cover and that seems to do the trick

So here is it

I will take some better pic later
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1019017=59953-image.jpg
>
1019017=59953-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Ya - I had a similar concern. My RW-8's didn't hold when the tank was dry, but I figured I'd give them a chance when it's wet. They both are solid.

Nice looking tank, looks great. Even if you don't need the RW-15, you'll like it over the WP series. The RW series creates an undertow like the vortechs do.

Crew;1019019 wrote: Ya - I had a similar concern. My RW-8's didn't hold when the tank was dry, but I figured I'd give them a chance when it's wet. They both are solid.

Nice looking tank, looks great. Even if you don't need the RW-15, you'll like it over the WP series. The RW series creates an undertow like the vortechs do.

Thank you

I am looking forward for the RW-15 should get it Saturday or Monday

The RW-15 came yesterday, there is definitely an undertow with these compared to the wp40
I am running bare bottom and I was having a bit if an issue with poop sitting in the Corner but not anymore.
Overall I like the new controls, at first I did not care for them much but after I tried them I think they are kind of cool.

So it was a good upgrade and I rather look at these compared to the wp40

Thanks Crawford

Back