stupid question but i gotta know

kirru

Market
Reaction score
How do i rinse ~80lbs of sand quickly and effiecently? i am totally confused about how to do this.

also, what is a good skimmer between $150-$200 new for a total system volume of about 70?

i've asked this before but this is my set price range which should make it easier for me to decide

I always just stuck it in a 5g bucket with a hose and let it go until the water was clear.

bucket and guarden hose. just stick the hose in until it reaches the bottom. turn the water on just enough to churn the sand but run it out of the bucket. run water until it is clear running over the top. pour off as much water as you can. you now have "clean" sand.

Jason

ok, that sounds easier than I thought. going to go do that now and let it run. i'll let ya know the end result

ok, I'll do that too, o I was playing around before I started actually cleaning the sand and I had a hose sprayer blasting the containing that had all the sand and I was producing bubbles, after I let it settle for about an hour, i saw skimmate on the top of the sand... that was weird but pretty nifty... off to eat then endeavor for a long cleaning night

no worries I have had plenty of "fast" awards from the state constabulary!!

Jason

Back