Suction Cups

pbyrmartin

Market
Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can pick up a set
I saw some on eBay but just need some proven ones
+ 400 lbs
<!-- gcu-updated ame -->http://m.ebay.com/itm/121289251734?nav=SEARCH<!-- gcu-updated /ame -->

Harbor Freight. Good and cheap. My two favorite things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the double cup ones if you plan on lifting with them any at all, even then I would caution you to use them only as stabilizers. Be sure to keep one hand under the tank, I have had those cups break loose on more than one occasion.

ghbrewer;1012356 wrote: Get the double cup ones if you plan on lifting with them any at all, even then I would caution you to use them only as stabilizers. Be sure to keep one hand under the tank, I have had those cups break loose on more than one occasion.

What about the aluminum ones are they any better

The only cups that are somewhat decent, are the ones that commercial glass companies use that have the pump mechanism. Now, with that said, many members have used the ones from harbor freight with success. I have just not been one of those people.

ghbrewer;1012359 wrote: The only cups that are somewhat decent, are the ones that commercial glass companies use that have the pump mechanism. Now, with that said, many members have used the ones from harbor freight with success. I have just not been one of those people.

+100 in bold.

Second part, I would not use them for anything other than moving around/adjusting on stand. Carry something heavy enough that requires better handholds and using those = missing toes

There are a couple people on this forum that have those commercial cups. I'm sure someone would let you use them. But there's likely to be a big deposit required. They can be compromised fairly easy by using them or storing them improperly.

If your moving a tank, just post to see if there are any members in your area that can come and help. That is what I did for my 100g build. I offered to reimburse them for their gas and time. It was done in under 5 minutes, and it cost me around $40. A lot of members are more than happy to come and give a hand. We spent more time just talking tanks and such, a great experience and did not have to worry about messing anything up or getting hurt.

ghbrewer;1012362 wrote: If your moving a tank, just post to see if there are any members in your area that can come and help. That is what I did for my 100g build. I offered to reimburse them for their gas and time. It was done in under 5 minutes, and it cost me around $40. A lot of members are more than happy to come and give a hand. We spent more time just talking tanks and such, a great experience and did not have to worry about messing anything up or getting hurt.

Thanks for that tip
I will have to post when that time comes, it's Friday the 13 2/13/15
They said the tank is around 450 lbs

That u think about these

a>

You would need a minimum of 5 of them, if you go by the manufacturer's ratings for vertical lift capacity. You could probably get by with 4, but that is not a guarantee. At that price, you could pay people to help you move it.

pbyrmartin;1012325 wrote: Anyone knows where I can pick up a set
I saw some on eBay but just need some proven ones
+ 400 lbs
http://m.ebay.com/itm/121289251734?nav=SEARCH">http://m.ebay.com/itm/121289251734?nav=SEARCH</a>[/QUOTE]
I have some how many do you need?

Back