Suggestions for 55g

stacy22

Market
Reaction score
I spent the day catching my fish in the 55g so they could be moved to the 150. A lavendar tang, clown, 2 green chromis, and a scissortail later the 55 is empty of fish.
:yay:

So now I have basically an empty tank- except from about 30# of live rock and a few snails and other inverts that I didn't move. I cannot decide what to do with the tank. I thought about selling it, converting it to a freshwater planted tank, or even a seahorse tank. Now I think I want to make it a basic FOWLR. I have admired pearlscale butterflies for 20 years. I have read that they are fairly easy to keep for butterflies. Could I do the pearlscale and maybe another butterfly? What about a dwarf angel? Would a snowflake eel live with them peacefully? Help me decide what to stock WITH a pearlscale butterfly.

stacy22;286281 wrote: I spent the day catching my fish in the 55g so they could be moved to the 150. A lavendar tang, clown, 2 green chromis, and a scissortail later the 55 is empty of fish.
:yay:

So now I have basically an empty tank- except from about 30# of live rock and a few snails and other inverts that I didn't move. I cannot decide what to do with the tank. I thought about selling it, converting it to a freshwater planted tank, or even a seahorse tank. Now I think I want to make it a basic FOWLR. I have admired pearlscale butterflies for 20 years. I have read that they are fairly easy to keep for butterflies. Could I do the pearlscale and maybe another butterfly? What about a dwarf angel? Would a snowflake eel live with them peacefully? Help me decide what to stock WITH a pearlscale butterfly.

I always liked the look of heniochas (I obviously did not spell that right), but nevery had a tank worthy of keeping them, plus they eat reefs :D .

Dwarf angels would be ok.

I think a 55 would be too long to really use as a seahorse tank (not that its bad for them, but they'd prefer height over the length), but you could do pipe fish as well with some other non agressive fish with sea planted look. (with the right amount of effort that would look really nice)

i would just let macro go nuts in the tank, then get a couple of butterflies, a dwarf angel or maybe a pair of dwarf angels (as in male and female of same). a school of 5 chromis or yellowtail damsels would be a cool addition.

Back