Sump/fuge options/questions?

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
I need a sump/fuge combo for my new tank. dimensions are 60L x 28W. volume is about 160. Stand dimensions are approx. 61L x 29W x 40H

According to the RC calculator I need about 15 gallons of overflow space. I also wanted something that will leave me a bit of room under my stand for equipment. I have a dual chamber reactor, an ATO container that holds 11 gallons (which I have to refill every 4 days so I want a bigger one), and I plan to get a calcium reactor eventually.

As cost effective options, I was thinking a standard 75g or a 90g but thought the 90 would be too tall????

Ideally, I was thinking of getting something custom made (maybe acrylic) that would be more square like 36L x 28W x 20H (thats about 90 gallons) but I am not sure if a wide, short sump would be as effective, especially when you add the fuge to it? thoughts?

Thanks.

PS - no basements in MIA :(

Try glasscages.com
I just ordered a 20x20 acrylic tank to use as a sump for about$130
they have just about any size you want, or can custum make one for you

I definitely dont care about a pretty sump. I just want it to be functional and not necessarily take up a ton of space. I just found out that I am actually going to place my ATO container outside the stand so I guess I could use a 4ft tank. That said, I may just go ahead a do a standard 75g and save some coin since it would be cheap to turn it into a sump if i find one used.

Fish_guy: how did your delivery go with Glasscages? Ive heard so many bad reviews about their delivery process?

Oh it went great
The tank was packaged so tight in double layer foam I had to cut the box apart to get to it
I had it a week after ordering it
I guess being a standard size for them they had it in stock

Back