Sump on rollers?

mockery

Market
Reaction score
Ok so i just built my sump and the place I want to put it, is where the telephone connection thing for the house is there and my dad does not what me to block it. So my grandpa and I were talking and would it be possible to put the sump on a stand and then the stand on rollers. Assuming that i us flex tubing to plum it? Is there any on foreseen problems? Any advice would be great.

Thank

I would think your best bet would be to put it on a platform that rolled opposed to putting the tank itself on rollers. This way the weight distribution would not be interrupted and stay even while moving.

You can buy a sturdy, inexpensive rolling dolly from Northern tool.

I would make sure that it has at least one locking wheel but I don't see a problem with a rolling sump.

Yeah, like the sump will sit on a stand and at the bottom of the stand will be wheels.

That's kinda a cool idea...if you need soemthing like that. As stated, it's on a rolling system, put a board down first....3/4" at least...then the tank. This should be interesting to see.

like this :
productsPerPicGroups.web

Seedless Reefer;293353 wrote: like this :http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/group/418/productsPerPicGroups.web#gridAnchor">http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/group/418/productsPerPicGroups.web#gridAnchor</a>[/QUOTE]

Yeah Loren kinda like that but it would be a few more inches off the ground and we would put a little border just to make sure the tank was in place.

What about pluming it?

Flexible tubing secured somehow to make sure that no hose's came out of the sump and poured water on the floor.

Hell you could use a rubbermaid tote and screw in a bulkhead or two.

Skriz;293384 wrote: why not simply move the phone box?
Where is the challenge I that Raj? The problem is i have no where move it too!
I'm uploading pic's of the wall/area now I'll post the once there up!

Well, if you're looking for a challenge, then why not make the sump remote controlled? When you need to move it, the motor will automatically roll the sump out of the way, then back. Now that would be cool! :)

Ok so here is what i've got to work with. The box i'm talking about is the tanish one
DSC_1190-1.jpg
alt="" />

And a remote controlled sump would be cool but i'm on a budget!

move the box UP. That's where the wiring is coming from anyway, so it would be easy.

Why not turn the direction of the sump (how big will it be?) I assume it's rectangular, not square and could be turned so that the box can still be accessed. Is there a shelf or table on the right side? What about under that?

I guess i'll look into that tomorrow. Then again what if they need to get into the box?

Oh and the sump is a 40 breeder and i already built it to go in a left to right direction

Wait, maybe I'm misunderstanding, you have a home phone line? How 90s, lol.

J/K. I have actually haven't had a home phone since I moved out...

No No i'm not talking about that small juntction box. I plan to move that. I'm talking about that tanish one where the words cut it off!

I know, and I was making light of the fact that you still have a land based telephone...

Oh ok just wanted to make sure. And yeah it is lame but that is my internet!

Back