Sump room build

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
I thought I would share a few pictures of my sump room. It still needs a lot of work. Lol I doubt it will ever be completely done at least I hope not as it keeps me busy. I was able to piece this system together by mostly reading and learning from other ARC members. I can't tell you have great full I am to this forum and its members. They have saved me so much time and effort and reduced my leaning curve I could never pay it forward enough.

I'm will always be learning and would really appreciate any suggestions for ways that I can improve my system. Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

IMAG4106.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG4108.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG4118.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG4119.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG4103.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG4107.jpg
alt="" /></a>

IMAG4120.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Wow there is a lot going on in there, thought I was looking a some behind the sceens views of the Georgia Aquarium.

Lol, he calls it a sump room, I've seen it, I call it the new man cave.
Put a tv and a mini fridge and never see daylight again!
Dave, you see that skimmer, it's a monster and sexy looking too.

looks good.you have more in your sump room then i have all together. keep up the good work!

looks awesome Brett! I definitely have to stop by soon and check everything out :)

MYREEFCLUB0070;990564 wrote: Lol, he calls it a sump room, I've seen it, I call it the new man cave.
Put a tv and a mini fridge and never see daylight again!
Dave, you see that skimmer, it's a monster and sexy looking too.

Beyond sexy...some day

While that is a an awfully nice skimmer you guys must have a different definition of sexy than I do. :). But I would still love to see it. Especially after seeing the colonies he posted for sale in another thread.

Lol thank you everyone. I do.need a beer fridge and the big screen tv! Sexy has a lot of different definitions. Lol.

lol I just realized the spelling auto correction really got me this time on the original post. English was never my strong suit. Jk

kylebolch;990589 wrote: I'd have a beer in there. Hell, looks like a good theme for a bar called
"The Sump Room Tavern"

Hhahaha,
Good one Kyle, that I like.
BYOF, bring your own frag.

Sweet set-up!!!!
Some wish is to have man cave.
But its ALL reefers wish to have sump room.
I'll take a beer and a seat. Hehehe

From the pics, I would suggest lights for your room :) Really though, nice room and setup. I dream of having a dedicated space like yours for the hobby. Your skimmer, while impressive, is not what I would call sexy either. Maybe its just not my thing. Maybe if it was in heels or something...

Thanks guys! Next, I'll be adding an hard plumbed automated water changing system and more lighting for the rest of the room. Great point BlueSpot! Gotta figure out a place for the TV though! Lol

tonymission;990702 wrote: Is that the skimmer you got from me? Can't even remember what it looks like.

Yep it's the same the 3000sss. I added a neck extension, auto neck cleaner and a skim locker. It runs a champ! Thank You for the great deal!

Myreefclub0007 made a great suggestion to add an under water led to backlight our skimmer. I thought it turned out to be pretty cool.

&lt;a href=&quot;http://&quot;
a>

Just to be clear folks, the light does not serve any other purpose but to add the disco ball effect in the man cave......coming soon, the stainless steel pole!

Back