sump ??

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
ok so i have very lil room under my tank, well its really just broke up space. what i want to know is if i get two 10gal tubs could i put one on the left side and one on the right. have the over flow in to one, it be the sump and run some pvc out the back of the stand to the other one, have it be the fuge and the return be in that one aswell?
if you have any imput plz let me know and post pics if you can any help well be thankful

if you plumb the two together with pvc/tubing, they will act as "one". The only issue with that is if that tube were to get blocked, you'd have issues; one would overflow onto the floor and the return pump would burn up.

If you can make it so that nothing can get in and block the tube, then you're in the clear.

Make sense?

yeah it does any idea how i can do that and what all will i need for it like what bulkheads should i use could i use some screen on the bulkheads or maybe a sock filter?

no screens as they will become clogged within a week.

You would need to figure out some sort of "chamber" that will prevent any large particles (snails) from entering and blocking. Maybe out of eggcrate? You'll just need to make sure that you keep it clean so as not to disrupt flow.

Back