Sunny D's not looking so good

kwajtrader

Market
Reaction score
About a week or so ago my Sunny D's stopped opening up fully. It looked like the skirts weren't fully extending. They had been doing well, in fact I started with 1 polyp that is now 4 over 3 or so months. The flame hawk plopped down on them and when he jumped off I noticed a red gap, that looks like a sore if it were a person, between the polyps. I tried getting a photo and this is the best I can do. The biggest change in parameters are that my Alk has crept up from 8.4 to 9.2 over the past few weeks and I've cut back on dosing to stabilize it. Any ideas?

Thanks!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

I dont have glasses on so its kind of hard to see. Lol But, is there anything with feeder tentacles nearby that could be irritating it.

Sorry for the bad photo, I need to get a macro lens... there doesn't seem to be anything close by, but what was strange was what looks like an open red sore between the polyps. It's hard to see in the photo.

I've had zoas close for a few weeks for some reason. They are jerks sometimes

Hard to tell since the picture is sideways but could that Euphyllia be stinging them?

Jenn

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry about the sideways picture. I was on vacation this week and moved them before I left. I'll see if they are doing better when I get home tonight. If they aren't doing well I'll dip them.

Back