Supplemental T5 lighting

ckwatson

Market
Reaction score
I am looking to add 1-2 T5 bulbs on my 75 gallon tank. I have a current LED strip on the tank and I like the color of light it provides but I would like to a add the T5 at the front of the tank to help get better par to help things grow near the substrate. What is the best way to do this, a two bulb fixture or reto fix kits or something else?

Full disclosure this is a freshwater tank, I know what bulbs I want to use just looking for advice on best way to add a light more light. I though it could be relevant to reefs too

Thanks and if this needs to be moved to another forum I understand.

The LET kits are nice and versatile. They come with reflectors, standoffs, ballast. You just add bulbs.

We will be auctioning off some more of the single bulb 24" T5 retrofits in the next few weeks. Keep an eye out for them.

Good question. It is open to all registered members. Ofcourse we prefer that you join our community and help support us as a non profit organization that gives so much back to taking care of everything that goes into our hobby and the creatures in our oceans. :)

Thanks, I was a paid member many years ago. I did receive a lot of from my membership but now I only have the freshwater tank. I am planning on becoming an Atlanta Area Aquarium Association member.

Also where should I keep an eye out? Will they be posted in the in the "for sale" section.

Did I miss the auction or has it not happened yet? If it hasn't happened do you know when it might be posted?

We had one series of auctions on FB and another here on our site. We do still have more items that we will be auctioning off in the next few weeks. Some of the items are T5s, dosing pumps, dry rock and a MRC skimmer.

Back