Sure Flow Maxi-Jet 1600 upgrade

ouling

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone done this mod?
Does the 1600 mean it puts out 1600GPH?
How wide is the flow? Is it on par with Koralia?

Thanks guys.

I dont know for sure but the "path" I dont believe is close to the koralia...I hought I read this someplace beause I had a similiar question...eneded up with a koralia

Can't speak for the Koralia, but I am very happy with the SureFlo Mod....

i would get a koralia i like the flow pattern on them ...and maxi mods just look cheap

The 1600 GPH Sureflow MJ Mod, flows a good bit more water than the Hydor Koralia 4. The flow path on the 1600 is more steam like and creates water movement much futher away form the pump. The Hydor K4 is a wider pattern.(even with the new atachment they now come with.

On the Sureflow brand Maxi Mods. The 1600 Sureflow CAN make a Humming noise with some older MJ 1200s. I had to get the 2500gph sureflow propeller to make them quiet. I find the 2500 (2000plus) sureflows are a little hard to place in tanks under 200 gallons (with out blowing sands...)

I use some Sureflows on timers starts 3 times a day. I found the start up noise is more in the Koralias than the Sureflows.

I had Koralia 2,3, and 4's and probably go with them instead after hearing the information on the steam path you guys were referring to. The tank will be a somewhat like a square, so not alot of traveling is needed to get a good flow going.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've had 2 sure flow mods on my 1200's for 6 mos now and they work great! The flow path is narrower than the Koralia. As for noise, I don't have that problem, but I have heard that some have had the issue. Well worth the purchase!

I've had the Koralia 4s, Tunze 6045s, Tunze 6055s, homemade MaxiJet Mods, Vortechs and SureFlow mod.

The SureFlow (and homemade) puts out more water than any of the above with the exception of the Vortech. I think it looks rather sleek personally and doesn't look crappy at all. Mine ran silent for a week, but later developed a very noticable hum in the tank, but no more so that the Vortech or 6055s. Once you add on a magnet, the cost goes up and makes them value wise really behind the Koralias.

In the end, the Koralias are hard to beat. The Tunzes put out a weak flow (well the 6055 can throw around water) by comparison but they are smaller and are more versatile when it comes to placement. Vortechs are top of the line, but at full speed a bit noisey for my tastes however the noise doesn't bother most people.

I have been really impressed with the 6055s but that is a different league as well.

Back