Surprise!!!

rdnelson

Market
Reaction score
Had a nice surprise Saturday. I bought a small clown at the February meeting to mate up with on I have had for a couple years. After about a week he disappeared. I had been thinking of getting another but have just been too busy. Yeah you guessed it, lights come on Saturday and guess who is front and center.

I know it isn't unusual to have fish hide out for a while but have never heard of a clown doing it. Especially for 4 weeks or so.

So is he solo or did he pair up?
I'm noticing a trend with you losing stuff, car keys, clownfish...... I'd get that checked..... Lol.

rdnelson99;1024326 wrote: Had a nice surprise Saturday. I bought a small clown at the February meeting to mate up with on I have had for a couple years. After about a week he disappeared. I had been thinking of getting another but have just been too busy. Yeah you guessed it, lights come on Saturday and guess who is front and center.

I know it isn't unusual to have fish hide out for a while but have never heard of a clown doing it. Especially for 4 weeks or so.

This is my least favorite part of reefing. I have/had a magnificent foxface that has been MIA for about 2 1/2 weeks and I'm just sure that he's gone. But at the same time, I know foxface's are known for being finicky. It's awesome that your clown made an appearance and seems to be settled in. Any idea what changed that got him to come out?

MYREEFCLUB0070;1024340 wrote: So is he solo or did he pair up?
I'm noticing a trend with you losing stuff, car keys, clownfish...... I'd get that checked..... Lol.

It's an age thing. LOL

Crew;1024348 wrote: This is my least favorite part of reefing. I have/had a magnificent foxface that has been MIA for about 2 1/2 weeks and I'm just sure that he's gone. But at the same time, I know foxface's are known for being finicky. It's awesome that your clown made an appearance and seems to be settled in. Any idea what changed that got him to come out?

No idea why he decided to make an appearance.

Could it have been stuck in the overflow possibly , and only just escaped from it ?
I'm glad houdini reappeared

That's so bizarre! I've got a missing teeny tiny pistol shrimp that's been missing for a few days I put him in the tank and that was the last I saw of him. I only have a 20gal with htb filter so I don't think he's in the filter. Maybe one day he will appear as a GIANT pistol shrimp?!

Wow that's odd for a clown! My bet is it was stuck some how!

I've got a tiny yellow Goby MIA. Hope the same happens!

Back