Swapped out the 29BC for a 10gal

franciscosalazar

Market
Reaction score
Decided to go smaller after a minor flood.
Top off got stuck on...
I'll be posting the 29bc for trade or sale in the morning.
Here's a picture of the new setup.

Thanks.
I definitely slept better last night knowing a tank leak now would be less damaging than the 29bc.
I almost decided to get out of the hobby all together but couldn't go cold turkey.
:D

I wondered what happened to you. Sorry to hear about the leak. How much water leaked?

If it was the top off that caused it, we could have built some safeties into that to prevent it from happening again.

rdnelson99;1039561 wrote: If it was the top off that caused it, we could have built some safeties into that to prevent it from happening again.

Yeah, I thought I had programmed the ATO to shutoff if it got stuck on for too long...
Oh well, I'm not putting the apex on the new tank...

That's why I use a 5 gallon Top Off container. Can never get any worse than 5 gallons.

rdnelson99;1039636 wrote: That's why I use a 5 gallon Top Off container. Can never get any worse than 5 gallons.

Yeah, that's exactly what dumped onto my hardwood floor after flooding my biocube...

I would say you could look into the leak detection module that apex has, but you probably don't want that just sitting out in front of the tank - it wouldn't look too great.

Crew;1039670 wrote: I would say you could look into the leak detection module that apex has, but you probably don't want that just sitting out in front of the tank - it wouldn't look too great.

I'll consider that when I put the Apex on a future build.

franciscosalazar;1039664 wrote: Yeah, that's exactly what dumped onto my hardwood floor after flooding my biocube...

True but 5 gallons added to a bio cube is a bit different than a 120 with sump. My point is that the Top Off should be sized no larger than the tank can safely absorb. Both in terms of SG and volume.

rdnelson99;1039687 wrote: True but 5 gallons added to a bio cube is a bit different than a 120 with sump. My point is that the Top Off should be sized no larger than the tank can safely absorb. Both in terms of SG and volume.
I agree, I relied on the flawed programming...
I won't have that problem now...

At any rate I am sorry you had to go through that but happy to see you around again. :)

rdnelson99;1039707 wrote: At any rate I am sorry you had to go through that but happy to see you around again. :)

Thanks for your consideration.
We'll catch up soon enough.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance with upcoming events.

Back