Switch things up?

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
My tanks been kicking along as a mixed reef since I upgraded. Things have done well in general but I'm starting to get a little bored with what's in it. I picked up a CA reactor a few months ago and just haven't set it up. Everything is growing well and looking good, a few zoas have melted here and there. Lately I've been thinking of going almost all BTAs and keep a few of my LPS and zoas. I picked up a flower nem at the expo and I really like it. I don't want to toss a BTA in my tank as it is because I kind of went minimal on the rock and I know it'd sting the crap out of stuff. Have any of you go to an anemone dominated tank before? Did you like it or get tired of it after a while?

I think gacolt had one or had plans to set one up at one time, maybe he can offer some advice.

I'm planning to set one up in a couple months. Im thinking about doing half zoas and the other half of the tank with nems. Not really a nem- dominated tank but I think it will look nice.

I would be keeping my fish (clown pair, melanurus wrasse, flasher wrasse, and kole tang) and ad the nems. Maybe half a dozen or so and let them fill out. I'd like to keep a few of my favorite corals in the tank as well.

I think the best thing to do is to by 2-3 nems and just propagate them like rit at the Atlanta aquarium is doing. It might take 2-3 months but saves you money.

I had 12 in my 75 but sold most of them . Setting up a 175 now and it's going to be all nems .

Back