T5 Bulb Combo - 4 Bulb Fixture

jehuggin

Market
Reaction score
So I am trying to plan out what bulb combo to go with when I need to start replacing my T5 bulbs.

I have done a lot of reading on different combinations and bulb types/makers etc, but still am confused.

I like more of a bluer look my tank but am also concerned with coral growth.

I currently have bulbs that came with the fixture - 2 10Ks and 2 420/460s.

I have been reading about ATI blue + bulbs, giesemann, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions on combos that would look good and promote growth?

If anyone has a good source for info on bulb info that would be helpful too.

Thanks.

2 ATI Blue +

1 ATI Aquablue Special

1 KZ Fiji Purple

Or if you don't think that's blue enough, replace the KZ with a Super Actinic from any name brand.

weaglereefer;567655 wrote: 2 ATI Blue +

1 ATI Aquablue Special

1 KZ Fiji Purple

Or if you don't think that's blue enough, replace the KZ with a Super Actinic from any name brand.

I saw a similar suggestion during my reading. I assume the Special and KZ would act as my "day light" bulbs?

Do you have any experience with this combo? I am interested to hear about coral growth.

Now this is with VHO's on, too, so it won't be quite this blue, but the VHO's are Super Actinic and don't add much in the way of blue color, but rather in coral color pop.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
567694=26732-90T5's.jpg
>
567694=26732-90T5's.jpg
class="gc-images" title="90T5's.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Thanks, the coral color "pop" is a big goal of mine. The corals look better, more florescence, when the 420/460s are only on.

How is your growth with the combo you are running?

weaglereefer;567655 wrote: 2 ATI Blue +

1 ATI Aquablue Special

1 KZ Fiji Purple

+1 here...and if you are using the Aquaticlife fixture (I have the 72" 6 lamp) you will be SO HAPPY to replace those stock bulbs..

I do not use the KZ Fiji Purple only because i havent got that far....been replacing m,y bulbs slowly...12 bulbs is too much $$$ to replace at once anyway. just removed 2 more 10k (aquaticlife) and put in 2 of the Blue +

gnashty;567729 wrote: +1 here...and if you are using the Aquaticlife fixture (I have the 72" 6 lamp) you will be SO HAPPY to replace those stock bulbs..

I do not use the KZ Fiji Purple only because i havent got that far....been replacing m,y bulbs slowly...12 bulbs is too much $$$ to replace at once anyway. just removed 2 more 10k (aquaticlife) and put in 2 of the Blue +

So if I go with the suggested bulb set up and I do have the aquaticlife 4 bulb fixture, what woudl the lay out be? Do the Blue + take the place of the 420/460 bulbs or the 10K bulbs?

Thanks.

Go with this combo I have a buddy who runs it and it looks awsome.
Front
ATI Purple Plus
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aqua Blue Special
ATI Blue Plus
Back

The Purple Plus is ATI's newest bulb. It blows the KZ away. It is also cheaper. You will have great growth with this combo.:thumbs:

Do you have any info on where the ATI Purple blows away the KZ Purple? I'd be interested in reading it.

I have an 8 bulb set up.
5 ATI Blue Plus,
2 KZ Fiji Purple
1 GE 6500K Daylight.

Not sure if it helps you or not.BTW the color is great.Wish I had my camera back I would flash a pic.

All I can say my friend is <span style="color: blue">"To see is to believe"</span> Order one and try it you will see the difference. My comment on it blows the KZ away is a matter of preference but I think once you see it in person you will become a believer.:up:

Back