T5 bulb question

bluesy1213

Market
Reaction score
So I’m wanting to go with hybrid lights with an almost complete zoa/softie/LPS Innovative Marine Nuvo 30 gal AIO. I picked up a two bulb Coralife 36” fixture and was going to supplement with 2 AI Prime HD’s. I could go with just one possibly, but already have them so may as well use both.

My reasoning is that I see zoas that look a lot better under T5’s and have heard that is the best way to get the most out of them.
The question is what two bulbs would fellow members recommend for this kind of tank? I’ve tried to do some research but it gets kind of confusing to me. Thanks in advance.

I recently switched from all T5 to a pair of AI Prime's in a hybrid fixture. I'd like to say I did a lot of in depth research but in reality I just called a few folks who know a whole lot more than I do and they all recommended going with all ATI Blue + so that's what I did. I personally like a little bit of white in my lights and get that from the AI Prime's. Overall my corals looked a lot more colorful the second I turned on the T5s and the overall lighting is still white enough for me.

I ran a set of T5s with my leds a while back and I found ATI blue + looked best. I only tried ATI bulbs but I used a combo of about every bulb and liked 2 B+ best.

I recently switched from all T5 to a pair of AI Prime's in a hybrid fixture. I'd like to say I did a lot of in depth research but in reality I just called a few folks who know a whole lot more than I do and they all recommended going with all ATI Blue + so that's what I did. I personally like a little bit of white in my lights and get that from the AI Prime's. Overall my corals looked a lot more colorful the second I turned on the T5s and the overall lighting is still white enough for me.
That pretty much simplified it then.

Back