T5 Bulb recommendations

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm ordering a 2 bulb T5 retro-fit to add to my AI Sol LED fixtures on my 90g. I'm adding because I want to add a bit more light to the tank and I also feel that I'm missing some of the red in my corals. Reds appear more orange when transferring from other tanks to mine. What bulbs would you recommend? Would you use two of the same bulbs or two different bulbs? I was thinking 2 B+ or 1B+/1AB Special but I'm open to recommendations.

Blue Plus and a Purple Plus....that's what I would add. If this is a 4' retro, I have some slightly used bulbs that I'd sell cheap. I have several Blue Plus, Purple Plus and a few other spectrums.

If you just want to highlight colors better I would go with Purple+ and True Actinic. If you want to add PAR I would go with Coral Plus and Blue Plus.

Have anyone tried the brand Wave Point? I can't seem to find anything really negative about them other than the marketing name of their bulbs. Needless to say, Amazon is having an amazing deal on them, ends up being like $4-$6 a bulb when you order in 6/4 packs. And if you're like me, Amazon Prime member, 2 day free shipping!

Most seem to stick with ATI bulbs being some of the best on the market.

I prefer Wave Point's Coral Wave over ATI's Purple+ and Actinic combo.
My preference is based on more par, saved space and aesthetics.
I do like ATI's Blue+ over Wave Point's SuperBlue 460 for the additional par.
I don't use any daylight spectrum bulbs but the color combo I have gives a nice light blue hue.

franciscosalazar;995686 wrote: I prefer Wave Point's Coral Wave over ATI's Purple+ and Actinic combo.
My preference is based on more par, saved space and aesthetics.
I do like ATI's Blue+ over Wave Point's SuperBlue 460 for the additional par.
I don't use any daylight spectrum bulbs but the color combo I have gives a night light blue hue.
Saved space?

Here's a peek at some par numbers.
a>

Back