T5 bulb replacement

insomnia

Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">I recently bought some t5s and I am now looking to replace the bulbs in the fixture. If I replace all 4 bulbs can I do it at the same time or will this hurt the corals going from old bulbs to new bulbs in one day? I think the bulbs are about 7 or 8 months old, also any suggestions on what bulbs to replace them with?</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Thanks for your help/bulb suggestions</span></span>

-Nick

Anybody? Looking to pick some up tomorrow and would like to know what brand you guys prefer. What you guys suggest depends on which store I go to.

ATI Aquablue Plus
ATI Blue +
ATI Fiji Purple
ATI Blue +

Or sub the purple for an Aquasun (UVL I think) or Procolor.

It shouldn't hurt the corals, but if you have some eggcrate or something to put over the top for a few days, it wouldn't hurt. Or if you can lift the lights 3-4 inches, and then lower them an inch every few days. Or just run the light cycle 2-3 hours shorter and bump it up in 30min incriments every few days.

Back