T5 bulbs....help me out here!

jcampbell

Market
Reaction score
So, sometime I would like to get new T5 bulbs in my Aquaticlife fixture(4 bulbs). I'm not crazy about the stock bulbs! So, when I get the new bulbs from my LFS, they will probably be ATI's. I want the color in my tank to be more blue than it is now, but not TOO blue!! Also, I want my corals colors to come out a little more. I just don't know what kind of T5 bulbs would be best! Right now, what came with the fixture is 2 10K bulbs and 2 420/460 bulbs. I don't think I want to go back to a 10K bulb, more like a 12K. What do you guys think?:thumbs:

Yeah, well, that's my lfs! I just wanted a lot of different opinions! Like some people like the Blue plus and some people like the purple plus...I just wanted to hear what people had to say!

Jenn sells wavepoint bulbs and Ill be honest - I really like the color some of them put off. I use an ATI combo now in my Aquaticlife fixture. 3 Blue Plus, 2 Aquablue special, and a purple plus (sucks imo). Ill replace the purple plus with a wavepoint soon...

Wavepoint lamps are comparable to Geisemann (but less expensive).

Lamp combination possibilities are endless... a lot of it comes down to what *you* like.

For ATI we sell a lot of Aquablue Special and Blue Plus combos and some people throw a KZ Fiji Purple into the mix. ATI now has Purple Plus (to answer to the KZ Fiji Purple?)

You'll likely hear a BUNCH of suggestions as to the "best" combo.

Jenn

I would create a base of
2 - ATI Blue Plus
1- ATI AquaBlue Special

Last bulb is really preference.
UV - 75/25
Red spectrum bulb (fiji or ati purple)

atlfishes;661856 wrote: I would create a base of
2 - ATI Blue Plus
1- ATI AquaBlue Special

Last bulb is really preference.
UV - 75/25
Red spectrum bulb (fiji or ati purple)

+1 Agreed!

I run 5 ATI Blue+, 3 ATI AquaBlue Specials, 1 ATI Actinic & 1 KZ Figi and love the combo. The actinic and one of the Blue+'s are my dawn/dusk lighting. If I need more PAR I can always swap it for a Blue+.

FWIW I've used the KZ Fiji lamp for almost 4yrs on various setups and love the color it produces. Just my opinion though.

gnashty;661834 wrote: Jenn sells wavepoint bulbs and Ill be honest - I really like the color some of them put off. I use an ATI combo now in my Aquaticlife fixture. 3 Blue Plus, 2 Aquablue special, and a purple plus (sucks imo). Ill replace the purple plus with a wavepoint soon...

I like the wavepoint bulbs she has in her 65, in the shop! However, last time I replaced my bulbs I loved ATI's! I was thinking, 2 aquablue specials, 1 blue plus, and 1 true actinic.:)

Edit:
JennM;661836 wrote: Wavepoint lamps are comparable to Geisemann (but less expensive).

Lamp combination possibilities are endless... a lot of it comes down to what *you* like.

For ATI we sell a lot of Aquablue Special and Blue Plus combos and some people throw a KZ Fiji Purple into the mix. ATI now has Purple Plus (to answer to the KZ Fiji Purple?)

You'll likely hear a BUNCH of suggestions as to the "best" combo.

Jenn
Is the KZ fiji purple a white color or purple? Im getting different results on google!

Back