t5 bulbs

angel

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey guys I finally decided to switch my metal halides to leds I have a question for you guys , some of you know that my tank is mostly sps I'm going to put 2 t5 ho bulbs for supplemental light like the hibried lights which bulbs do you recommend and what color would be the best.

Thank you.

I'm doing this very same thing , Im personally deciding between 2x coral + and 1 blue/purple 1x coral + , my led unit is full spectrum and has a lot of blue so I think maybe being mid day supplemental all white may be best.

I used 2x purple plus and i'm happy with the results. I don't have full spectrum led's though, just 2 different blue, 2 different whites, and UV.

Get something that will give you a good bump in the low nm wavelengths. That's where some LED fixtures are going to struggle IMO.

ATI Blue Plus.

The actinics just aren't bright enough to see with your daylights on.

From my experience, I am using 2 hydras,supplementing with 1 ATI blue+ & 1 coral+.
Getting good growth on my acros, but poor color.After much research ,some are having success with purple+,
And others claim actinics. Neither have a lot of par.But i know the actinic has alot of PUR.Im going with 1 of each.

I have leds as my mains and have two 80w coral plus tubes supplementing (I prefer a whiter look and since C+ tubes have B+ in them I thought it was the obvious choice as a more "full spectrum" bulb).

Back