T5 fixture question

notireef

Market
Reaction score
Even if the fixture is 12 inches from the water surface, I see spots of water on my fixture. Just wondering if anyone cleans the inside of their T5 fixture...the reflectors/bulbs. Do any of you use covers for the fixture?

Wow! That's a lot of flow you must have! Can you adjust pumps to where the surface is less terbulant?

I have a canopy with exposed T-5 lamps/ reflectors that get salt spray build up all the time. About every three months or so I will clean them off. The salt build up is not good for the reflectors. There was not an easy way for me to utilize a splash guard. Some fixtures come with them, others you may purchase them.

I can...i just hate seeing that film on the surface of the tank. .....just wondering if the covers would interfere with the amount of light going into the tank? I am thinking about getting some glass covers for the tank...good/bad idea?????

Also it's not too much spray...just enough where it bugs me :)

Yeah i rather cover the lights as well. looking into options....i may just stick to cleaning the fixture every few months.

Back