T5 ho distance over the water ?

tbub1221

Reaction score
Hey friends , I have purchased a dual bulb HO t5 to add over one of my systems as a supplemental mid day peak for 2-4 hours a day to compliment my full spectrum led.
I'm seeing good growth with the led fixture but I've seen hybrid systems do really well growth wise and so its more or less just an attempt to maximize growth potential.

So how high should I hang it ?
It can fit in my canopy on the support that sits at the tank rim or hang frim the top.
Also since its none dimmable should I put egg crate under it at first ?
This tank is low to medium lighting coral24" deep but The top 1/3 is now home to some moderate light sps and the t5 is mainly for them .
Thanks for any input or
constructive criticism .

I wouldn't worry about the height if it's a supplement. I would probably hang it just to have it out of the way for maintenance. What bulbs are you going to run.

Ringo®;1034666 wrote: I wouldn't worry about the height if it's a supplement. I would probably hang it just to have it out of the way for maintenance. What bulbs are you going to run.
Actinic & ati coral+ thanks for the input

SnowManSnow;1034690 wrote: just put it wherever is easiest IMO.
no reason for egg crate.
Ok , I've just seen it used as a diffuser to acclimate to new bulbs .
Thanks for the input

Tbub1221;1034700 wrote: Ok , I've just seen it used as a diffuser to acclimate to new bulbs .
Thanks for the input

yea its good to do that when its your main lighting but since you have leds 2 t5's wont change too much so theres no need to worry about it.

Back