t5 light combos

gtox44

Market
Reaction score
Right now I have a 4 x 24" t5 fixture with the stock 2 10k and 2 actinic bulbs in it. The color is too white for my liking. I would like to make it bluer and maybe try the fiji purple light as well. What bulb combinations do you guys use to get the bluish ocean look?

try getting a 6500k bulb (i think by geissman) that will definately make it bluer.

My orginal setup was

Pure Actinic
Actinic+
Actinic+
*FRONT*

And it was blue. Now I have it a little whiter and like it.. but my fixture is 36" 4x39w

I am thinking of going back to blue, I like the way the colors popped better

I use Gieseman and have been very satisfied with the Powerchrome Actinic+ and the Aquablue +. Good for the coral growth and brings out the color nicely.

FTS-Nov29-08.jpg
alt="" />

I saw this tank on another forum. He is using 2 ATI Blue+, 1 KZ Fiji Purple and 1 UVL Super Actinic.

Where can I buy these bulbs online?

Check with our sponsors, I bet they can get them for you.

I'm running 2 Blue+'s and I love those bulbs. They look the same color as stock actinics that came with my fixture, but are probably twice as bright. I have those, an Aquablue Special, and a Procolor (which I still may switch for Fiji Purple) and it's a cool blue look with a hint of white.

Kirru;343351 wrote: try getting a 6500k bulb (i think by geissman) that will definately make it bluer.

My orginal setup was

Pure Actinic
Actinic+
Actinic+
*FRONT*

And it was blue. Now I have it a little whiter and like it.. but my fixture is 36" 4x39w

I am thinking of going back to blue, I like the way the colors popped better

A 6500k bulb won't make it blue, it will make it yellow.

Keen reef has some great prices on T-5 bulbs right now, well all the time for that matter.:yes:

I live 5 minutes from Keen Reef and I'm there every weekend. I was planning on going by there for salt soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Fish Scales2;343681 wrote: Keen reef has some great prices on T-5 bulbs right now, well all the time for that matter.:yes:

Agreed. Bulbs are best to buy locally (as are most things, I'm learning). You may find a cheaper price on line, but wait until you see shipping on those puppies! Tim's price (Keen Reef) can't be beat even on-line right now though...

Back