T5 noob and ATI has me scratching my head

sra_chipmunk

Market
Reaction score
Is the ATI sun power the same as a power module? I've been reading that people don't really beleive in the Dimmable ATI T5 fixtures because there no proof on bulb effects. So I'm leaning on not getting the 8x54w Dimmable ATI sun power fixture but going with a regular 8x54w ATI sun power fixture. But then I read people say go with the ATI power module. I went to ATI's website and the only thing I find about Powermodulesmis with LED Powermodules. I'm so confused.

BL: I'm looking for a T5 fixture to go over my 120 (48x24x24) mainly SPS dominated.

Can anyone shed some light for me.

I don't believe they make a Powermodule any more w/o LEDs though you can find older powermodule fixtures on forums still. I think the older powermodule was considered their flagship fixture and had a bit different ballasts than the sunpower. I'd love the new powermodule w/LEDs but they are crazy expensive but so worth it from what I've seen.

I was afraid of that. The hybrids are very attractive and from what I have read they work pretty well. The price though is ridiculous.

I don't think there's anything wrong going with the new Sunpower or even used. I've been considering finding a 24" 6bulb older Powermodule for my 40br setup.

Back