t5 sockets

mikeup6

Market
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy replacement t5 sockets for my tek-light, locally?

DSC_1068.jpg
alt="" />

I really don't know anything about wiring/fixing a light, so bare with me. When you say retro, do you just mean DIY? Hopefully it won't be too difficult. I'm not an idiot - just never done it before :lol2:. I think this is probably the simplest think I can try to do to fix this light, so I'll try this first.

Well is the endcap burnt? Is that why you think it needs to be replaced? Or is the lamp just not working?

46bfinga;186898 wrote: Well is the endcap burnt? Is that why you think it needs to be replaced? Or is the lamp just not working?

The actinics (outside sockets) will come on for a few seconds and shut back off - unless the two middle sockets have been on for 30 minutes or so. Then I can come in and switch the actinics off and on a couple times and they will stay on. I know the sockets look good in that picture, but they are actually quite corroded inside.

Dawg - I got the light used and he claims there was no problem when he sold it to me, so he's not interested in helping. I just thought it might be easy to pull out the old ones and wire some new ones in.

So I guess this isn't a standard part commonly available for purchase? Seems like it would be - I'm pretty sure you can buy t8 endcaps from home depot. I'll try aquabuys.

Back