T5 supplement for LED photoperiod

ff337

Market
Reaction score
Anyone add t5 supplements to LEDs. How long do you run your t5s?

A lot of people add t5s. I think how long depends on how strong / long the main lights are running .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine currently run 3 hours, but I'm going to slowly raise it to 4 hours when I get more SPS

I supplement 4 t5's with my 3 led fixtures over my 140. My lighting cycle is as follows

9a-11a- just blue leds
11a- white leds on
1p- white and actinic t-5s on
5pm- t-5s off
7pm- white leds off
9pm- blue leds off
9pm-9am- no lights

12 hour on/off lighting cycle with a ramp effect created using the timeline on my controller.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1049151=63722-IMG_0509.jpg
>
1049151=63722-IMG_0509.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0509.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Genesis;1049151 wrote: I supplement 4 t5's with my 3 led fixtures over my 140. My lighting cycle is as follows

9a-11a- just blue leds
11a- white leds on
5pm- t-5s off
7pm- white leds off
9pm- blue leds off
9pm-9am- no lights

12 hour on/off lighting cycle with a ramp effect created using the timeline on my controller.

Very interesting. Btw, what's the dimension of the tank?

Genesis;1049151 wrote: I supplement 4 t5's with my 3 led fixtures over my 140. My lighting cycle is as follows

9a-11a- just blue leds
11a- white leds on
5pm- t-5s off

7pm- white leds off
9pm- blue leds off
9pm-9am- no lights

How was the corals response to adding the t5s

FF337;1049165 wrote: How was the corals response to adding the t5s

The initial reaction was quite interesting. Some corals started puffing up within the first couple days. I like the additional color/growth. I prefer more of a whiter looking tank so having 6500K t-5s helped with that plus they also increase growth (Might go with 8k's when these get old). The actinic are the true actinic 420nm color which is a purple/violet color and really gives an extra pop to most corals. My only mistake was that I didn't light acclimate them to the additional t-5s and I'm currently dealing with some mild bleaching. I went from just leds to leds and t-5s running 4 hours hours.

Cool. I'm looking forward to it. I like a blueish look myself. I want to turn up the whites some with the LEDs and add more color to it. I'll show some before pictures and after.

Back