T5 to LED

blukat40

Market
Reaction score
Seems like every hour I have a new question about something. I am about to build a canopy for my 36 bow and would rather use LED lights if I can afford them. The dimensions for the tank are 30 x 15 x 21. This is reef setup with just LR but hopefully adding some corals soon.

I have been looking at the Panorama Module 8000K/453nm Actinic Blue, Pannorama LED Module 453nm Actinic Blue, and Panorama Module 8,000K White in combinations as possible options.

I dont think I am ready to solder etc so I am opting to DIY the canopy and place LED modules inside.

Any thoughts on this process and any recommendation for how many?

As always...I appreciate your insights!

IMO the pannorama LED won't penetrate 21" of water. Depending on what you plan to keep in your tank, you might get by. But if their more light demanding corals, then it won't cut it. I run 4 of them on my 93 cube and to be honest, there just there so light up my tank while my MH are off since I only run my MH 6.5 hours a day. I use them to fill in the cap through out the day. My corals still look happy and open up with the LED's but I won't trust it to replace my MH. BTW My tank is 24" deep.

Back