T5ho Lights going bad?

jc_k

Market
Reaction score
How can you tell if your T5HO bulbs are bad? I've only had them for 3 months and they are in a coral life fixture. They are guiesimann atinic plus (sorry if i spelled that wrong) and have black rings on the end of them with ripples going through them. Is this normal? Thanks for reading

Jacob

It's unusual for them to go black around the edges that quickly, but they do blacken over time.

I suppose the only way to tell for sure would be with a PAR meter.

What are your corals saying? Still happy? Ultimately, if your parameters are all good and your corals aren't thriving, that might be an indicator that the lights aren't up to par (pardon the pun)...

Jenn

JennM;943451 wrote: It's unusual for them to go black around the edges that quickly, but they do blacken over time.

I suppose the only way to tell for sure would be with a PAR meter.

What are your corals saying? Still happy? Ultimately, if your parameters are all good and your corals aren't thriving, that might be an indicator that the lights aren't up to par (pardon the pun)...

Jenn
I figured it would be cheaper to do led lights over time ( replacing t5 bulbs ) and we ended up getting an AI SOl for a really good deal but i want to sell the t5 fixture and if the bulbs are out bad i would like a refund.

Back