Taking Pictures under LED's

mattgee87

Market
Reaction score
I have a Nikon D7000 and I for the life of me can not get good pictures under LED's ( especially just blue). Do any of you guys own the same camera and think your could help me out or just have any tips in general?

Find something completely white you can put in the tank to focus on under the lights that completely fills the viewfinder (I used a white plate).

Got to your white balance in the settings and set it using the plate. Problem solved.

Red gel filters. I think JDavid just put up an example somewhere.

You're not going to get a good pic under just blue anyways. Get photoshop going on your computer, and take your pics with a little bit of white. It's not going to be perfect straight from the camera

I adjusted the white balance to get a normal picture , but it still doesn't show the "pop" of the coral under the blue LED's. I guess tater is right i need to get Photoshop to edit the photos.

showthread.php

Try shooting in RAW and processing with Lightroom or Photoshop's RAW processor. Play with it a bit and you'll find what works best for you

I downloaded the photoshop and this is the best I could do. I didn't see a "white balance". When I had MH,s the pics on my iPhone came out great now under leds I have a much more difficult time. This pic was very blue but the photoshop did help alot
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
993219=57049-image.jpg
>
993219=57049-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back