Talk to me about....

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Bio pellets.... If starting a new tank would you use them? I know a lot of folks have issue adding them to existing, but what about a new tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added them to my 60 gallon with no problems. Dropped my nitrates down from 15-20 to <5 ppm. I am also going to add them to my 250 gallon that was setup this year.

Could you link me to some info on biopellets, how they are used, where they are used, etc? Even a build thread would work. I'm always interested in upping filtration.

I started using bio-pellets on a new setup. Love them so far. Had a tiny cyano outbreak that was contained in the sump but its gone now. Skimmate is really dark now and my nitrates and phosphates are always in a good range if not 0.

Crew. Bio pellets are just another form of carbon dosing.

Crew;1029007 wrote: Could you link me to some info on biopellets, how they are used, where they are used, etc? Even a build thread would work. I'm always interested in upping filtration.

a>

The better your system is to begin with, the less likely it is you'll need them. Always opt for the least risk involved methodology when you have the choice.

I've never used bio pellets, but considered it a while back. I've seen plenty of successful tanks that use them, but I feel I get the same results from dosing vodka. Cheaper and easier in my opinion.

I don't think I'll Do pellets. It's just one more thing to maintain

Back