tangs

gdog

Market
Reaction score
hey guys i just got my water tested and everything seems great but when i buy tangs they always die and my tank should be estabelished enough to sustain them any ideas?

How long have you had you're tank running? Have you tried adding other fishes?

As well, tangs can produce ALOT of waste, do u have sufficient filtration and skimming?

yes i do i got some good stuff and all my other fish are fine which is weird

I had the same problems with clowns when i first got started. Let some time pass. Maybe another month and try another one. I hate for u to keep on killing fish lol. Good luck tho.

How long are you acclimating them for? Are you making sure they eat at the store before you buy them?

i acclimate an hour and i do make sure they eat my tank also has been up since summer

Tangs also need alot of space. What size tank, skimmer and how much flow? Tangs also need very well aerated water as well.

TBH an hour is a really only time. The water can get really cold. I've had better luck using a quicky acclimation time, maybe 15 min.

i have an 80 gallon and i have not a crap load of flow but quite a bit

ya true im also thinking about swiching tanks i got offered an 93 gallon corner bowfront tank so it would have more space

If you're having trouble with tangs, you'll need to be especially vigilante with that shark egg.

true i have a tang in there now its a <span style="color: #0000ff"><span style="color: black">Vlamingii Tang</span> </span>

Oh boy. Who is selling you these fish? Personally I would take the vlamingi back and get a credit until you figure out what may be causing your previous tangs to die.

Vlaminig tangs need 200+ gallons to live in. I think you need to shop somewhere where you are getting better advice.

Try Rod's food, the herbivore blend. All my fish love it, especially my tangs. I cut up a bit more nori and add to it in addition to SeaChem Vitality and Garlic Extreme.

Good luck.

Back