Tank blew out a week ago

fidofence1

Market
Reaction score
A week ago at 4am my Apex alarm
Was going off and it woke up my wife because nothing wakes me up. She goes and checks the tank and water is all over the floor so she wakes me up. I come out and realize the silicone let loose and one of the side panels is bowing out and water running everywhere. I grab every bucket I can find put rock, coral and fish in buckets and think what in the world can I do since nobody in my area stocks a large reef tank. I get on the internet and start googling to find the nearest store that would have something in stock that would work and that was 6 hours away in Orlando. My wife and I hop in the car and drive to World Wide Corals and buy a Waterbox 130 and drive back and stay up all night setting it up and putting all the livestock back in the tank. Thank God I have a mixing station and had 200 gallons of water on hand to handle this disaster. I was able to get everything running and only lost a cleaner shrimp.
5b2f6556c74d44e4421a08ad20769c1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap. And i thought I was having a bad night trying to get a used tank i bought plumbed in. Glad it ended up ok tho

I had the tank built about 10 years ago and it sat empty for about 3 years. When I set it back up I was thinking should I reseal that tank and the answer was obviously yes. I’m just glad it happened only a few months and not a few years from now after all the coral was grown out

0ae4cfa05f328717258c89bcff9830ea.jpg
I finished up the plumbing today and got the UV sterilizer and calcium reactor hooked up today

So glad there was a happier ending to this story than I was expecting when I read the title. I hope I never have to be put in that situation.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My wife loves the tank as much as me. When we were at World Wide Corals she was trying to get me to buy new coral while we were there but I definitely didn’t want any at that moment.

A week ago at 4am my Apex alarm
Was going off and it woke up my wife because nothing wakes me up. She goes and checks the tank and water is all over the floor so she wakes me up. I come out and realize the silicone let loose and one of the side panels is bowing out and water running everywhere. I grab every bucket I can find put rock, coral and fish in buckets and think what in the world can I do since nobody in my area stocks a large reef tank. I get on the internet and start googling to find the nearest store that would have something in stock that would work and that was 6 hours away in Orlando. My wife and I hop in the car and drive to World Wide Corals and buy a Waterbox 130 and drive back and stay up all night setting it up and putting all the livestock back in the tank. Thank God I have a mixing station and had 200 gallons of water on hand to handle this disaster. I was able to get everything running and only lost a cleaner shrimp.
5b2f6556c74d44e4421a08ad20769c1e.jpg

You sir have an AWESOME wife. Wow. What an amazing story. Tank looks great!

Back