Tank brand question

dough

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade/update my 13 year old Oceanic 58 gallon tank. There are so many brands (Plant Aquarium, Red Sea, Innovative Marine, Waterbox, Fiji Cube, etc) out on the market these days, . I'd like to hear of from others what they have and their experiences. I've read where Red Sea is great but there plumping is metric, so to me that is a con.

I look forward to hearing everyone's experiences/opinions.

I’m setting up a SCA aquarium. It’s very well made and super nice. I have a homemade stand instead of their stand. I have an innovative marine 20g right now that’s nice. I would have considered their tanks if I didn’t find such a good deal on this one. I’ve heard a lot of horror stories of red sea tanks seams splitting but I guess that can happen with any tank.

I’m setting up a SCA aquarium. It’s very well made and super nice. I have a homemade stand instead of their stand. I have an innovative marine 20g right now that’s nice. I would have considered their tanks if I didn’t find such a good deal on this one. I’ve heard a lot of horror stories of red sea tanks seams splitting but I guess that can happen with any tank.
Second SCA tanks as a great value option.

Redsea had some design issues that were legit and recognized on their larger tanks. All tanks are susceptible to splitting though. Redsea is just more public because it's never good PR to brand yourself as a premium option then have issues like that.

I went with Innovative Marine tanks. I have both their APC aluminum stand for the 50 & JBJ 45 stands I’m using for the 25 & 40. The APC is expensive, but well built. The JBJ stands were easier than diy & I’m water proofing them with wood penetrant.

The 50 & 25 are the EXT overflow versions. The 40 is an AIO that I’m planning to drill.

These things are built like, …well, tanks!

fwiw,
I specifically wanted a shallower tank design for ease of maintenance. Having had several large deep tanks previously, I’ve cleaned my share of glass. So, decided less may be more. Everything I’m doing is for ease of maintenance & stability. So I can spend most of my limited spare time enjoying them. My life is just too busy as it is to do otherwise.

I have a Planet Aquariums tank which they did a fantastic job with. Planet was formed by the former employees of Oceanic if you're happy with how your 58 has performed.

Ok im going to say it. Is glass cages a contender? I know they were hit or miss your years , but have recently changed owners

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

My current tank is also an SCA tank. They’re usually less expensive than the bigger name brands but solid tanks none the less. Two years later and I’m still running the SCA skimmer that came with my tank.

Ok im going to say it. Is glass cages a contender? I know they were hit or miss your years , but have recently changed owners

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
Glass Cages is definitely a contender. The new owners have seriously stepped up their build quality and innovation.

I have a Waterbox 96g that I set up back in April. So far it's been great. No complaints and I like the aesthetics. FWIW.

I’ll be honest I really like my Fuji cube 32. It’s well made / low iron / external overflow / quiet bean type overflow/ rimless. Fiji makes super clean tanks
ce3dfaf2a8ef210b092ca9f7b0b35b3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If money is no object, take a look at Lifetime Aquariums. I personally do not like a rimless tank and prefer a frame, their rename is aluminium and exactly what I was looking for. I had a custom 65g (24"W x 36"L x 18"H) built by them for my latest build. Not sure I'd spend the money again but this is the best built tank I've seen.

I'm looking to upgrade/update my 13 year old Oceanic 58 gallon tank. There are so many brands (Plant Aquarium, Red Sea, Innovative Marine, Waterbox, Fiji Cube, etc) out on the market these days, . I'd like to hear of from others what they have and their experiences. I've read where Red Sea is great but there plumping is metric, so to me that is a con.

I look forward to hearing everyone's experiences/

. I also have an SCA

I look forward to hearing everyone's experiences/opinions.
That may depend on the size tank you are looking for. I have an SCA 150gal which I’m totally happy with.

Back