Tank Cycling ?

chull13

Market
Reaction score
Do I run my skimmer during the cycle period? I di on my first tank but I have heard other ppl say not to.

same hear i would use the skimmer to get out all the crap that is floating in the water ....and if you do spike it will keep things in check a little better good luck
victor

Lights out! No need to get algae growing which may delay the cycle by using nutrients that you need for your cycle. Ditto on the skimmer. Gets it broke in for your tank as well.

Skimmer on.

Lights off!

Don't add fish. add table shrimp, it's more than enough. I only used one shrimp to cycle my system!

Skriz;147060 wrote:
Don't add fish. add table shrimp, it's more than enough. I only used one shrimp to cycle my system!

as far as the shrimp, just put a raw cocktail shrimp in there? My luck id find the wrong kind and end up doing more damage than good.

you dont need to add a shrimp you should have enough die off. also i sugar dosed my tank when i reached the half way point. it seemed to speed things up a little. dont know how much good it did but worth a shot.

In the alternative to shrimp, you could pee in the tank or just add straight ammonia to the tank.

a> on cycling.

I like using junk fish and it gives me something to watch. It all does the same thing.

Skimmer on cause you want to break it in getting that nice slime coating. Lights off for algae reasons. A small piece of live rock works for kicking off the cycle as well.

Well it looks like this is going to be put on hold. I filled the tank up on Monday night and when I got home from work yesterday.... yep a leak. It's a small one but I am not sure where it is coming from. 4 months work down the drain!!

Back