Tank drilling question

roundman

Market
Reaction score
I am setting up a 15g tank as a frag tank and plumbing it into the sump for my 75. I already have made an overflow that fits on the end of the tank. The question is with the overflow how far down the tank in the overflow do I want the drain to be?
Thanks

Depends on what level you want the water to be. I would place it so the water is drained with at least an inch below the top of the tank. Depending on how big your overflow is will determine how much return flow you can put through the frag tank. Hope that helps!

Rawn..if you need any help doing anything let me know. I am usually available from 3:30 to 6:00 on weekdays and can make time anytime on the weekends... Give me a call if you need anything, or email me. It goes right to my phone

mailto:Blacksailsinthesunset@tmo.blackberry.net">Blacksailsinthesunset@tmo.blackberry.net</a>
678-467-7098

Ansley

The overflows in my holding tanks are 1" bulkheads with 90 degree elbows in them. I drill the hole in the back about 3" down from the top rim of the tank and 3" away from the side. Does that help?

Back