Tank lighting and extended water chage

mockery

Market
Reaction score
Ok so yesterday i had to lower my tank water level it do some stuff and left it low all night until now. I'm about to refill the tank and want to make sure that i don't harm anything. I have also had my light off for a good 26+ hours is it ok to just turn it on??? And when adding the new water i need to 1st make sure salinity is the same then the temps are close to the same right?? Is there anything else i should do?? so that i don't harm the fish and few coral i have left??

that's pretty much it-salinity and temp. should be the same-and make sure Ph is OK as well---and of course, mix the water and salt before adding it to tank

and as far as the lights, you should be ok as long as you don't have corals in there-just turn them on-when I was fighting cyano I had them off for 3 days one time with no bad effects.

Well the only corals that have surrived are some zoa's and shrooms so but ok that is awesome makes life easier.

you'll be fine. Corals are used to having a day without light...no biggie. Make sure you premix the water and let it aerate.

no rock was out of water and i did not make the water i bought it like 3 days ago at SWC so i'm going to add the water in the mourning and put the lights back on the their normal schedule.

Back