Tank Lighting Preference

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
What is everyone's preference on lighting your tank?

I don't remember where I read it, but there was a survey showing that the American and Asian hobbyists tend to like a blue to deep blue light, while European hobbyists like a more white light.

Personally, I like a whiter light during daylight hours and a blue in the morning and evening.

overall i like more of a blue tint because it shows off the corals color better.

White with a hint of blue to make the colors pop. I usually go for the 14k look and add LED blues for the pop.

Perfect color for me is 20k radiums overdriven with LED's for supplements.

EnderG60;1082381 wrote: White with a hint of blue to make the colors pop. I usually go for the 14k look and add LED blues for the pop.

Perfect color for me is 20k radiums overdriven with LED's for supplements.

I second this. Nothing better than a crisp white light with a hint of blue IMO.

Curtismaximus;1082465 wrote: I second this. Nothing better than a crisp white light with a hint of blue IMO.

I 3rd that lol. The first reef tank I saw was at an LFS back in Texas and on her DT she ran 10k MH with actinic t-5's supplementing and I really loved that ultra white look. Me personally I favorite the 14k spectrum as well.

I'm in the middle, I run both schedules on my tank, deep blue in am, early afternoon 15k, mid afternoon 12k and reverse back down.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

LSU_fishFan;1082537 wrote: I'm surprised this many people like a whiter light.

Because they are calling blue light white... 20k plus actinic is very blue. Look at the light coming out of your windows at night.

MorganAtlanta;1082609 wrote: Because they are calling blue light white... 20k plus actinic is very blue. Look at the light coming out of your windows at night.

My tank is actually using mainly white light

Back