tank mates

kevinbeth

Market
Reaction score
Can a yellow tang and a flame red angeal be kept together in a 75 gallon tank?

I would say generally speaking, that would be a yes. They are both a bit territorial, and are good choices for "last fish" (especially the flame, though it's less aggressive than some of the other dwarf angels).

The tank size, though, is edging on a bit small in my opinion, but you really should be okay.

They'll probably be fine. Wouldn't worry much about the tank size either. It is a bit small but I have a Powder Blue Tang, Yellow Tang, Kole Tang, and a Hippo Tang in a 75 (don't tell the tang police) along with several other fish. Some people say it's good to add them when the lights are off or during a water change so they hide and don't see each other at first. Don't know how much I believe that but.... Good luck!

flaco626nj;69904 wrote: i just saw them both in a 55 gal so yes and both fish were vey happy

Would that be MY 55 gal?!?

Yes, I have kept that pair together for some time and they have always gotten along together. No worries mate! Heck my last pair were the best for friends, such an odd pair they they had to be named "Rob and Big"!

Back