Tank Move Question

kirru

Market
Reaction score
Well I have a ten gallon nano in my dorm in Savannah and I'll be moving up here with it. Well I got a few questions so I'll start.

1. I'm thinking that I can upgrade the tank to a 20g high/tall. Will this work? any down sides?

2. What would be a good way to limit a cycle? I'd also like to make the sand bed deeper so what would be a good way to do this as well?

3. Moving the live stock, what is a safe and stress free way of doing this?
Current stock: 2 Firefish, 1 Dragon Sleeper Goby, 10 Nassarius vibex snail, 1 turbo snail, 5 Astraea Snails, 7 Blue Hermits

4. And live rock, what is the best way? Its about 20-30lbs.

5. And I have a Current Dual Satellite, will this be enough light for some zoas? and Tyree Soli?

Thanks!

And another question, where is good placement for the Tyree Soli?

Thanks again everyone!

put all the livestock in coolers with the orignal water , maybe 2 coolers. Upgrade more than a 20g , i suggest 90g. Dont waste time transporting them. Have everything setup in the ATL when you get here. Leave some room in your new tank for some of the old water. Good luck here in ATL :)

I would upgrade but I don't have the funds for the whole 90g set-up. But I still wanna have a nano.

This is gonna be tuff.

I wanna try to make the current 10g tank i have now the sump but I'm not sure how this is goin to play out just yet but in about 2-3 weeks its gonna have to happen.

well, just make sure you have a fully functional take here in ATL to put your critters in when they arrive from the stressful drive. I have a 30g tall i can give you, so that way you can use your 10g tank as the sump. I also have a powerhead you can have.

Really? Would a 20" light fixture fit over it? Where at in Marietta are you?

PM me

im pretty sure it would fit, i am near the intersection of bells ferry and barret pkwy.

Well, I think I might make the drive tomorrow to pick it up? I sent you a PM.

If I dont keep the sand I have now but get new sand, not live and seed it with the old sand, will i have just a slight cycle but not a major one?

inputs?

Back