Tank Pics. Before And After Arc

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
<p style="text-align:center;">I joined ARC in March about 4 months into the hobby and one month after my noob crash. I found you guys at just the right time.

<p style="text-align:center;">This is really not My tank...its ARC's. Cuz I could have never do it without you guys.

<p style="text-align:center;"><u>"I get by with a little help from my friends"</u>

<p style="text-align:center;"><u>3/08</u>
267890638_ekiuW-L.jpg
alt="" />

<p style="text-align:center;">HERE WE ARE TODAY
Ok...its not TOTM, but not bad for 5 months.
Membership has its rewards.
We have received frags from a lot of ARC greats in here.
But more importantly...information.

<p style="text-align:center;">I am in the process of updating our progress link.
Think I can drop the "Rookie Card" label yet?

<p style="text-align:center;"><u>Thanks guys, we are having a great time!</u>

<p style="text-align:center;">
332023002_3Vor8-L.jpg
alt="" />

<p style="text-align:center;">Here are some more pics!

332026640_apu5Y-X2.jpg
alt="" />

Looks very good, think you need to trim the xenia a little bit though. I was afraid my xenia would end up getting that big, so I scraped what I could off and flipped the rock over and some arms are now sticking out from the bottom of the rock. haha

Now we'll know who to send people to if they want some xenia. hehe

<p style="text-align:center;">I figured out how to post BIG'ens.
So I m goin nuts!
332022951_hBdPD-XL.jpg
alt="" />

<p style="text-align:center;"><u>Ok...one more!</u>

332024316_QAc74-XL.jpg
alt="" />

Steve;199903 wrote: Looks very good, think you need to trim the xenia a little bit though. I was afraid my xenia would end up getting that big, so I scraped what I could off and flipped the rock over and some arms are now sticking out from the bottom of the rock. haha

YES!
That will certainly be my first fragging project.
They are cool to watch. More importanly...its the only thing in the tank my wife likes. So I am going to keep it thick for a while longer.

Steve;199903 wrote: Looks very good, think you need to trim the xenia a little bit though. I was afraid my xenia would end up getting that big, so I scraped what I could off and flipped the rock over and some arms are now sticking out from the bottom of the rock. haha

Can you literally just trim it back...like a hedge?

Chris, is that the xenia you got from me? Frag it by setting a small piece of rubble against a stalk. In a few days it should attach then snip it with scissors from the rest of the colony.

Or just take a razor blade and cut the bottom of the stalk, then rubber band it and put a toothpick through it and in a week or two it should have grown onto the rock and you can lose the rubberband and the toothpick.

ramone;200100 wrote: Chris, is that the xenia you got from me? Frag it by setting a small piece of rubble against a stalk. In a few days it should attach then snip it with scissors from the rest of the colony.

Yeah...thats yours Ramone. For the first few wekks it looked like it was shrinking. So I backed off a little on the skimming. Now its going nuts!

I'll give your propagation method a try.

Thanks!

Steve;200105 wrote: Or just take a razor blade and cut the bottom of the stalk, then rubber band it and put a toothpick through it and in a week or two it should have grown onto the rock and you can lose the rubberband and the toothpick.

If I cut it in the middle of the stalk and frag the cutting, what happens to the stalk?
Will it grow back?

It'll grow back like a weed. Don't worry about that, if you really want to trim the mother colony back so it doesn't seem to "take over" the tank, just scrape a large stalk or two off the rock and post it here, someone will definately take it. That's the first frag I gave out. Especially if someone gave it to you and you can pass it on to another reefer who is just starting out.

Back