Tank transformation: Before and after SWC's auction

derek_s

Market
Reaction score
Well, my tank was looking ok, with some frags here and there, but now, after Sal's auction, it looks...well, see the pics.

Before:

SANY4665.jpg
alt="" />

After:

SANY4862.jpg
alt="" />

The goods:

Blue and green digis-

SANY4865-1.jpg
alt="" />

Orange digi?

SANY4875.jpg
alt="" />

Button polyps and unknown SPS (lower left). Also some small acans (hard to see in center)

SANY4879.jpg
alt="" />

Pink Poci

SANY4881.jpg
alt="" />

Clam (left)

SANY4874.jpg
alt="" />

Huge Moon Brain

SANY4873.jpg
alt="" />

"Stolen" Favia

SANY4871.jpg
alt="" />

Whew. That's about it.

hmm, that favia looks like the one I was bdding on...some punk out bid me. Oh, my bad D!

Man!:wow2: That is some nice looking rock! Where ever did you find such great pieces???:wow2:

Haha... Jeff Mcphail gave me a killer deal on some of it. The rest I got ripped off on at live aquaria.

Oh wait, you are Jeff...:roll:

I'm just glad I switched from the 29 gal long, or I would have never fit it all. I was looking as I added this stuff in, and unfortunately, my new solana is already full. Kinda glad actually. I have been needing an excuse to quit buyin stuff....

:party::party::party::party:

Woah... If you look at pic #5, there are 3 more hidden sps growing under the green digi. No idea what they are.

And that pink/purple softie next to it has started extending some major polypage. Don't know what that is either.

If you look closer to the rock with the Button polyps you will also see a good surprise next to the polyps. I saw them when I was there. I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with pecans. Maybe 4 or 5 in a row the biggest being about the size of your pinkie nail. :thumbs:

Corv,

What kind of light is that on your tank? I've seen a few similar to that on some nanos and i've been dying to find out!!

Thanks,

Adam

It is a Solana fixture. It was made to fit that tank, but could easily be added to other tanks. It is a 150W halide that includes a nice ballast and a current USA 14k bulb. They run just shy of $300 at most places. I got mine at Cappuccino Bay in Marietta.

edit:

Also, I have read on RC that stock they produce about 440 PAR at the surface, and can acheive 500 with a better bulb. Pretty good for a nano. Also, note that the reflector really spotlights the rays down as opposed to outwards, so i'm hoping PAR is decent to the bottom. I am keeping a maxima on the sand right now so we will put this baby to the test.

Wow, you picked up some good stuff. I'm kicking myself for not going.

Back