Tank warfare underway!

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I posted a few weeks ago about treating for cyano and red bugs. Well the war is underway. I used Red Slime Remover and so far I have noticed a huge decrease in cyano. Some is still dying off slowly. It looks like I may need another dose, but after my waterchange we'll see.

I also used Interceptor Spectrum yesterday to battle the red bugs. I only noticed them on less than half my SPS. About 2hrs after adding it to my tank I blasted one infested colony with my turkey baster and there were none left. Another frag had no more on it. I'm very pleased. I did see some larger pods dead floating around the tank and in the sump but saw smaller ones on the rock and glass. I also saw a hermit on one of my pillars and a large bristleworm. Interceptor has a dewormer similar to prazipro so some think it may kill off worm populations in addition to most crustaceans.

I plan on doing a 15g water change this afternoon. I'll post some updates tomorrow.

I'm sure they will. I only worry about my melanurus a bit. He grazes the rocks all day. I'll have to do a large pod order after the treatments.

Back